Studio Update: Week 2
This week I decided to mix up a batch of cone 10 clay to use while I wait for my cone 6 clay tests/tweaks to be done. I will use the cone 10 clay for soda firings and possibly for some reduction firings if I want to learn how to fire that way. It was my first time using a clay mixer but after some explaining it was easy enough. I am going to be doing a series of arched forms so I started working on a new slump mold. I used this slump mold to make my first piece of the semester. I am pretty excited to see how it turns out. I always aim for a level of control in my pieces so it will be interesting to see how I feel about it after the soda firing, where I have no control of how it turns out.
Image 1: Measuring materials for the clay mixer
Image 2: slabs copies of my slump mold shape
Image 3: final shape